Monday, November 09, 2009

Springer Mountain Summit! 2180 miles later...


TRIUMPH! From Left to Right: Gooch (Michal Gutschenrittter), Little Dipper (Karrie Kressler), Curse (Travis Schoen), and Bacon (Greg Hill) at the Southern Terminus of the Appalachian Trail, Springer Mountain, Georgia.




Sigh.  What a great trip.  The photo above is my summit photo on Springer Mountain, in Georgia at the end of my Appalachian Trail Thru-Hike.  It took me 5 months, and 3 days to travel 2178 miles.  And I'd do it all again in a heart beat.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Little Dipper! It must feel wonderful to have completed your journey. We're glad to have met you along the trail. We're planning our next spring section hike and looking forward to it. Don't forget to look us up if you pass through the DC area. Take care! Love and Peace, Judith and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have just been so excited for you/amazed by your awesomeness(in awe of you?)/sad that something so incredible HAS TO END that I cried a little. maybe.
    hurrah, and I hope to hear more on this little blog. mucho love your way, lady. xoxo, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I was Googling some random AT information and recognized your trail name in one of the results. I'm "Fiddle", we swam out to the island at Upper Goose Pond cabin. Glad you made it to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been awesome finding people I ran into on the trail actually complete it.. and you're one of them! Saw your photo on Jeff's (from Green Mountain House) trailjournal's page (http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=469123) w-w-wwaaayy back on July 21st. A sincere congratulations on your thru-hike completion..even though you did hike it south.. ;P

    All the best and Happy Trails!!
    Matt
    aka
    Snarky Snarkerson

    ReplyDelete